Employees across our footprint spent the day on 6/24/17 hiking for hunger! Participants raised money and collected food items to donate to local food pantries near our branch locations. The hikes included: North Ponds Park in Rochester, NY; Black Mountain and Giant Mountain in the Adirondack Park; and Mt. Washington in the White Mountains of New Hampshire.
At Horizon Solutions, corporate social responsibility and giving back is more than just a business practice, it’s a longstanding part of who we are. It’s supporting customers, nonprofits and small businesses – in good times and bad. One of the ways we express this is by giving back to the communities where we work and live. Through a broad range of community initiatives, charitable giving, and volunteerism, we seek to create value for society and bring joy to people’s lives.
2016 AD Industrial North American Spirit of Independence “Giving Back Award”
Horizon Solutions Receives 2016 AD Industrial Giving Back Award
Horizon Solutions branches in Portland, ME and Rochester, NY have been working with the United Way Rochester and Portland for 16 years. In that time, we have raised over $489,825. Each year, Horizon Solutions organizes different events and fundraisers that benefit the United Way. Some of these past fundraisers have included: annual cribbage tournament, donating money from recycled bottles and cans, employee cook off challenges, crockpot Fridays (employees prepare lunch in a crockpot, and their teammates pay a few dollars for a serving), 50/50 raffles, upfront parking space raffle, dress down Mondays, bake sales, etc.
Giving back is an important way for our employees to connect with each other while making a difference and improving the communities they live and work in. Horizon Solutions strives to make an impact for the greater good in any way we can, and feel the United Way shares this same vision, which is why we have continued to support their cause for so many years, and will do so for years to come.
Our employees recognize what’s important. We are incredibly grateful they make giving back to the communities in which we live a priority, sharing their blessings with others. THANK YOU to our employees, whose generosity made this achievement possible!!!
Some other charitable organizations our team supports
- We recently had a food drive and were able to donate 318 pounds of food to Wayside Food Programs in Portland, Maine.
- The Horizon Solutions team routinely participates in the United Way “Day of Caring.” Recently, we worked at a school on Peaks Island Maine – putting down mulch in their playground area, preparing an area for a garden and organized their toy shed.
- Annually the Horizon Solutions team participates in the J.P. Morgan Corporate Challenge® Series, with J.P. Morgan making locally-designated donations at each event.
- Our New England team participates in the Tough Mudder which includes 10-12 mile obstacle courses designed by British Special Forces to test all around strength, stamina, mental grit, and camaraderie. Money raised goes to the Wounded Warrior Project.
- We held a book drive for the Kindergarten Jump Start Program. Each child received a book that was donated by a Horizon Solutions employee upon graduation from the program.
- The Horizon Solutions team gathered donations and put together bags that included supplies for children in need from the Westbrook School System in Maine. We had enough supplies to provide bags for 26 children.