Allen-Bradley by Rockwell Automation
836P Solid-State Pressure Sensors and IO-Link
The reliability and flexibility you need.
Bulletin 836P solid-state pressure sensors measure liquids or gases in a wide range of process applications. The devices offer a rugged, corrosion-resistant 316L stainless steel sensing element and an IP67 enclosure rating.
- Bulletin 836P sensors can measure liquids or gases from -14.5…10,000 psi
- Offered in a wide range of process connections for application flexibility
- Available with discrete and analog outputs
- Available in display and non-display models
- 836P display pressure sensors incorporate embedded IO-Link Technology in select sensors to help minimize downtime and increase productivity
Are you looking at a process application? Do you have questions? Our Process Solutions team is dedicated to solving our customers’ challenges with innovative solutions.Contact Us
IO-Link Technology for Automation and Industrial Control
IO-Link is a worldwide open-standard protocol (IEC 61131-9) that allows sensors to easily integrate into a control system. Rockwell Automation is the only supplier that offers the controller, IO-Link master, and IO-Link sensors. This is key for integration, especially with Studio 5000 Logix Designer™. 836P display pressure sensors incorporate embedded IO-Link Technology in select sensors.
You might ask “Why is IO-Link Technology important for my automation and industrial control applications?” There are some very specific reasons why. When using the full Rockwell Automation solution, customers are afforded an enhanced level of integration plus features and functionality not available with competitive offerings. Add-on-Profiles (AOP) will simplify the setup of Allen-Bradley IO-Link devices by organizing sensor information and configurable parameters for intuitive programming. Automatic Device Configuration (ADC) allows sensor configurations to be stored in the Logix controller and downloaded to new/replacement sensors of the same catalog number without the need for re-teaching/re-programming. Tag Names and structure for IO-Link process data are automatically generated from the sensor IO Device Description (IODD) files. Correlation of the Read-Write (RW) parameter values of connected IO-Link devices are compared to those stored in the controller so any differences can be mitigated (only while online in run-mode).
When you look at the big picture, the specific integration features outlined above will result in the simplified design, installation, setup, and maintenance. Utilizing the full Rockwell Automation solution allows reduced inventory, reduced, operating costs, increased uptime, improved productivity, as well as enhanced flexibility & scalability.
Interested in Learning More about IO-Link Technology?
Rockwell Automation is committed to IO-Link Technology as a part of Integrated Architecture®. Together, Horizon Solutions and Rockwell Automation offer a full range of industrial control products featuring embedded IO-Link Technology, including:
- Bulletin 1734 POINT I/O Modules
- Bulletin 42EF RightSight General Purpose Sensors
- Bulletin 42JS and 42JT VisiSight Sensors
- Bulletin 45CRM Color Registration Mark Sensors
- Bulletin 45LMS Laser Measurement Sensors
- Bulletin 871C Mini Tubular Sensors
- Bulletin 871FM Mini Flat Pack Sensors
- Bulletin 871TM Tubular Stainless Steel Sensors
- Bulletin 1732 ArmorBlock I/O Modules