AUTOMATION NEWSLETTER OCTOBER 2017
Your resource for news and knowledge in the world of Industrial Automation.
In this issue:
- Rockwell Automation Technology
- Automation Partner Solutions
- Training & Commercial Events
- Whitepapers & Design Tools
Section 1). Rockwell Automation Technology
Typical applications for Kinetix® VPC continuous-duty servo motors include automated assembly, automated inspection, food and beverage, material handling, packaging, pharmaceutical, and printing.
ArmorBlock® I/O modules help you avoid that breakdown. They provide low-cost, hardened, I/O suitable for on-machine use. You can mount these modules on a machine close to the sensors and actuators to provide shorter cable runs.
The ArmorBlock® IO-Link master module gives industrial operators access to detailed sensor diagnostics in harsh operating environments. Available with water- and corrosion-proof plastic and nickel-plated aluminum sealed housing to offer a rating for IP69K and NEMA 4X (when marked) for use without an enclosure.
- **NEW** Stratix 5700 Industrial Managed Ethernet Switches now offer redundant gateway and DHCP IP address assignment capabilities.
- Supports two switches on a single ring while connected to the rest of the network
- Offers DHCP IP address assignment to end devices on the DLR network to simplify device replacement
- Includes integrated Device Level Ring (DLR) connectivity which helps optimize the network architecture
- Provides Network Address Translation (NAT) capabilities which offer IP-address mapping from local, machine-level IP addresses to the broader plant network
Need to learn more about DLR, NAT, or DHCP? Horizon Solutions has an active blog series where our technical specialists explain topics such as these. Subscribe to our blog today!
These power supplies are rated up to 1.37 million hours mean time between failure (MTBF) and the minimum service lifetime is typically 47,000 hours. Efficiency figures range from 90.7% up to 95.2%.
Accreditations for Guardmaster 440C-CR30 Safety Relays
Read more about these safety relays here, and see below in this newsletter for more details on integrating Guardmaster 440C-CR30 safety relays with the Studio 5000 Logix Designer application.
Section 2). Automation Partner Solutions
Compliance with VeriSafe: Automated test sequence based on the steps in NFPA 70E for verification of an electrically safe work condition; automated test helps reduces operator errors
Improved Safety & Risk Reduction: Determine voltage status BEFORE equipment is accessed, prevents direct exposure to electrical hazards by personnel servicing equipment
Reliable Results with VeriSafe: Fail-safe design with active indications. Safety functions meet SIL 3 per IEC 61508-1
–Productivity: Focus on producing more with less downtime
–Visualization: Centralized management from a single user interface
–Security: A secure, sustainable and scalable solution
–Mobility: Deliver content to the right person in the right place
Do you want to learn more about deploying and managing Thin Clients in a modern manufacturing facility? ThinManager makes it possible.
Section 3). Training and Commercial Events
- Location: DoubleTree by Hilton
1117 Williston Road South Burlington, VT 05403
- Date: Tuesday, October 24th Time: 8:30 AM – 4:00 PM
At this event, attendees will develop knowledge in choosing the right drive control for a given application. At this event, attendees will learn how to use tools to reduce engineering, development, and start-up costs.
Learn more about bringing your systems together. Premier Integration of the Studio 5000 Logix Designer application and Guardmaster 440C-CR30 safety relays reduces development time by providing diagnostic views and standardized tags.
Studio 5000 Logix Designer is the one application to configure, program and maintain the entire Allen-Bradley® Logix 5000 family of controller’s products and related devices.
The Guardmaster® 440C-CR30 Software Configurable Safety Relay can share information with the control system through the optional EtherNet/IP plug-in module which increases uptime and enables The Connected Enterprise.
Learn more about this integration here. Watch configuration videos, learn about the Connected Components Workbench™, start using pre-defined drag-and-drop safety function blocks to help simplify programming!
- GuardLogix Maintenance & Troubleshooting; Course SAF-LOG103
- ControlLogix Maintenance and Troubleshooting; Course CCP153
- Industrial Electrical Controls Fundamentals; Course MFG213
- Electrical Troubleshooting & Motor Controls; Course EM-206
Do your factory automation systems involve any of the following? Guiding, aligning, positioning measuring, inspecting, identifying, reading, tracking, and verifying. If YES, this event will help you improve productivity and efficiency.
Horizon Solutions is bringing this unique valuable training event to two (2) of our local offices this fall:
- One session in Albany, NY on Monday 11/6
- One session in Holyoke, MA on Tuesday 11/7
Register today this training opportunity will help you integrate sensors and vision systems into your process and automation applications. If your team faces programming or production control challenges, this event is a great fit.
Section 4). Blogs, Whitepapers, and Design Tools
NEMA and IEC starters with snap-together wiring make your job painless! Motor starters are a commonly used and specified product in both industrial and commercial spaces. This pre-wired system is a great fit for electrical contractors. It is straightforward for you and your team to snap together the components at your facility or on a job site. Get started today with this 16-page document (3 MB PDF) which will walk you through the quick and easy configuration, step by step.
- Enclosed Starters in stock, locally, at Horizon Solutions: Dozens of component combinations on the shelf
- Three commonly used versions: 109 (IEC enclosed), 509 (NEMA enclosed), 512 (NEMA combination)
- Open starter components: 509 (NEMA), 100C (IEC contactor), 193E (IEC overload) are also available
- Intuitive selection process: Product selector and BOM builder tools available for your use
- Specialist support: Need help getting started? Let one of our experts assist you
- Repeatable Process Solutions
Also discussed are the challenges of balancing the customized needs of an end user with the benefits of a standardized process control system. It’s a worthwhile read. Enjoy, and cheers!
You want to achieve better asset utilization and system performance. As products age and give way to new technologies Horizon Solutions and Rockwell Automation also offer Professional Life Cycle Services. This helpful infographic can help you understand Professional Life Cycle Services a bit better.
Life Cycle Services