It’s all about keeping people safe.
Workplace injuries and illnesses have a major impact on an employer’s bottom line. It has been estimated that employers pay almost $1 billion per week for direct workers’ compensation costs alone.
- Every day, more than 12 workers die on the job – over 4,500 a year
- Every year, more than 4.1 million workers suffer a serious job-related injury or illness
– Source OSHA.gov
In injury prevention, we go where the data tells us to go. The OSHA Top 10 list is a roadmap that identifies the hazards you want to avoid on the journey to safety excellence.
- National Safety Council President and CEO Deborah A.P. Hersman
OSHA’s Top 10 for 2016:
- Fall Protection
- Hazard Communication Standard
- Respiratory Protection
- Powered Industrial Trucks
- Machinery and Machine Guarding
- Electrical – Wiring Methods
- Electrical Systems Design – General Requirements
Safety touches all levels within a company, from the line operator to the CEO — integrating safety into the culture of the workforce from the top down is imperative. Safety doesn’t have to come at the expense of productivity. Focusing and ingraining safety into the culture of a company is not only a compliance measure, but also provides tangible operational benefits. Safety not only ensures that all of your workers return home safe and healthy every day — it increases brand reputation, improves efficiency, and ultimately saves you money.
Horizon Solutions has the expertise, products, and services to meet your safety goals. Our mission is to help business owners and safety professionals build an enduring culture of safety that minimizes injuries and maintains a more protective and productive workplace. You will gain peace of mind that your employees are safe and your operations are running as efficiently as possible. Our customers seek us out as a resource to develop solutions that drive an accident and injury free workplace. We are recognized for our safety expertise in observing, collecting and analyzing data, assessing gaps and creating action plans to address safety gaps.
We have on staff Authorized OSHA Outreach Instructors
We offer OSHA Outreach 10 and 30-hour courses. Our most popular course is the 10-hour class. Topics covered in our 10-hour OSHA training class include: introduction to OSHA, emergency exit plans with fire safety, chemical hazard communication, machine guarding, PPE, electrical hazards and much more. The 10-hour course places special emphasis on job hazard analysis, compliant hazard controls and protection from workplace hazards. Those who successfully complete the Horizon Solutions OSHA 10-Hour General Industry course receive an OSHA 10-Hour General Industry wallet card from the RIT OSHA Training Institute (OTI). We routinely host the 10-hour course on-site at the customer’s location, or at one of our branch location training centers. Our Professional Trainers can facilitate standard training classes, or work with you to create a customized curriculum that meets your specific needs.
Safety Services Portfolio
- Comprehensive Plant Hazard Assessment
- Annual Lockout / Tagout Audits
- Lockout / Tagout (LOTO) Consulting & Implementation
- Visual Lockout / Tagout Procedures
- Alternative Protective Measures
- Confined Space Requirements & Training
- Fall Protection Competency & Inspection
- Conformity Audits
- Machine Safety
- Safety Circuit Analysis
- Arc Flash Studies & Remediation
- Visual Workspace Consulting and Implementation
- Hazardous Material Labeling (Globally Harmonized System)
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Comprehensive Safety Training Programs
- And More
How can we help you?
We are ready to support you as you develop a more efficient and safer workplace.Contact Us Today