WORKPLACE SAFETY SOLUTIONS
Is your business doing everything it can to ensure a safe job environment?
Safety doesn’t happen by accident. Going to work shouldn’t jeopardize employees’ health and welfare.
Horizon Solutions provides workplace safety solutions including safety consulting services, safety products, workplace safety training and prevention programs that help you build a structured and deliberate approach to safety. Establishing workplace safety is one of the most effective ways of protecting your most valuable asset: your workers. Safety touches all levels within a company, from the line operator to the CEO. Integrating safety into the culture of the company from the top down is essential. Committing to workplace safety provides tangible operational benefits and doesn’t have to come at the expense of productivity. Safety not only ensures that all of your workers return home safe and healthy every day — it increases brand reputation, improves efficiency, and ultimately saves you money.
A structure workplace safety program includes: management commitment and employee involvement, developing a safety program, assessing workplace risks and hazards, creating written protocol for employees, educating employees (ongoing), then implementing, evaluating and assessing your safety program (ongoing).
- 5,190 workers were killed on the job in 2016 (3.6 per 100,000 full-time equivalent workers) — on average, more than 99 a week or more than 14 deaths every day.
- Out of 4,693 worker fatalities in private industry in calendar year 2016, 991 or 21.1% were in construction — that is, one in five worker deaths in 2016 were in construction. The leading causes of private sector worker deaths in the construction industry were falls, followed by struck by object, electrocution, and caught-in/between.
– Source OSHA.gov
Workplace injuries and illnesses have a major impact on an employer’s bottom line. It has been estimated that employers pay almost $1 billion per week for direct workers’ compensation costs alone. Employers can use the OSHA “$afety Pays” calculator to assess the impact of occupational injuries and illnesses on their profitability.
After years of writing safety legislation, participating in investigations and seeing the tragic aftermath of many preventable deaths, I came to understand that excellence is about good habits and doing the right thing day after day. Safety is an interconnected web of risk assessment – it is about the big things, but it is also about the small things and how we perform when nobody is watching. One mistake, a simple oversight or a choice that seemed insignificant can often be the difference between life and death.
- National Safety Council President and CEO Deborah A.P. Hersman
The OSHA Top 10 list is a roadmap that identifies the hazards you want to avoid on the journey to workplace safety excellence.
OSHA’s Top 10 for 2017:
- Fall protection, construction (29 CFR 1926.501)
- Hazard communication standard, general industry (29 CFR 1910.1200)
- Scaffolding, general requirements, construction (29 CFR 1926.451)
- Respiratory protection, general industry (29 CFR 1910.134)
- Control of hazardous energy (lockout/tagout), general industry (29 CFR 1910.147)
- Ladders, construction (29 CFR 1926.1053)
- Powered industrial trucks, general industry (29 CFR 1910.178)
- Machinery and Machine Guarding, general requirements (29 CFR 1910.212)
- Fall Protection–training requirements (29 CFR 1926.503)
- Electrical, wiring methods, components and equipment, general industry (29 CFR 1910.305)
Horizon Solutions has the knowledge, products and services to help you meet your safety goals. Our mission is to help business owners and safety professionals build an enduring culture of safety that minimizes injuries and maintains a more protective and productive workplace. You will gain peace of mind that your employees are safe and your operations are running as efficiently as possible. Our customers seek us out as a resource to develop solutions that drive an accident and injury free workplace. We are recognized for our safety expertise in observing, collecting and analyzing data, assessing gaps and creating action plans to address safety gaps.
We have on staff Authorized OSHA Outreach Instructors
We offer OSHA Outreach 10 and 30-hour courses. Our most popular course is the 10-hour class. Topics covered in our 10-hour OSHA training class include: introduction to OSHA, emergency exit plans with fire safety, chemical hazard communication, machine guarding, PPE, electrical hazards and much more. The 10-hour course places special emphasis on job hazard analysis, compliant hazard controls and protection from workplace hazards. Those who successfully complete the Horizon Solutions OSHA 10-Hour General Industry course receive an OSHA 10-Hour General Industry wallet card from the RIT OSHA Training Institute (OTI). We routinely host the 10-hour course on-site at the customer’s location, or at one of our branch location training centers. Our Professional Trainers can facilitate standard training classes, or work with you to create a customized curriculum that meets your specific needs.
How can we help you?
We are ready to support you as you develop a more efficient and safer workplace. Contact a Horizon Solutions Safety Specialist today to learn more about our workplace safety solutions.Contact Us Today
Workplace Safety Solutions — Portfolio of Services
- Comprehensive Plant Hazard Assessment
- Annual Lockout / Tagout Audits
- Lockout / Tagout (LOTO) Consulting & Implementation
- Visual Lockout / Tagout Procedures
- Alternative Protective Measures
- Confined Space Requirements & Training
- Fall Protection Competency & Inspection
- Conformity Audits
- Machine Safety
- Safety Circuit Analysis
- Arc Flash Studies & Remediation
- Visual Workspace Consulting and Implementation
- Hazardous Material Labeling (Globally Harmonized System)
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Comprehensive Safety Training Programs
- And More
Industries We Serve
- Ceramic Manufacturing
- Chemical & Specialty Chemical
- Dairy Production
- Film Manufacturing
- Food & Beverage
- Glass Manufacturing
- Industrial Plants
- Machine & Equipment Builders
- Metal Cutting & Forming Mfg
- Metal Stamping
- Oil & Gas
- Pharmaceutical & Life Sciences
- Power & Energy
- Pulp & Paper
- Water & Wastewater
- Brochure: Workplace Safety Solutions
- Brochure: The dangers of arc flash – why should you be concerned? Read our electrical arc flash brochure to learn more
- Line Card: Safety Services
- Line Card: Safety Products
Recent Safety Blog Posts
Subscribe to our blog
The Horizon Solutions Connected Knowledge Blog shares technology and industry-related trends with you. Sign up for monthly updates and receive the latest posts.